South African passport holders can apply for single entry 30 days visa at https://evisa.gov.az/en
F1 Azerbaijan Visa News:
Basic documents for visa issuance are as follows:
1. The card or another document approving accreditation in accordance with relevant rules of “Formula One Management Limited”Company and International Automobile Federation, the international organizers of Formula 1 races;
2. The card approving accreditation at the Baku City Circuit Operations Company.
Meanwhile, foreigners and stateless persons arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2018 Formula 1 Gran-Prix of Azerbaijan (Only 81 countries - on the list of approved countries according to the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No.923, dated June 01, 2016 on establishing “ASAN Visa” system) will be able to get electronic visa through “ASAN Visa” system.
Citizens of EU member states please click here for visa information
South African and other passport holders:
To obtain a single entry, double entry or multiple entry visas for travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan residents of South Africa must make an appointment and come to the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Pretoria on Wednesday between 10.00 and 16.00 (except for South African and Azerbaijani public holidays). For urgent visa application (the travel is planned within 10 days) you need to make an appointment through contact details below. Embassy reserves the right to send a person back if appointment is not made.
Applications processing time is 3-5 business days.
The following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy:
- Completed visa application form;
- Valid original passport with at least on clear page for the visa;
- Two passport sized colour photos of the applicant taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance;
- Flight information;
- The invitation letter;
- For multiple entry business visa - application approved by Ministry of Foreign Affairs; the invitation letter from receiving party along with the copy of the charter and state registration certificate of the company/organization
- For single entry business visa- the invitation letter from receiving party along with the state registration certificate of the company/organization;
- For private visit- the invitation letter from Azerbaijani citizen or foreign citizen currently residing in Azerbaijan along with their Azerbaijani ID (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi);
- For touristic visa – copy of hotel reservation;
- Consular fee for the South African citizens: single entry - $20 US dollars and multiple entry 350 US dollars. The invoice for the payment will be issued to the applicant when all the documents are submitted.
Embassy of Azerbaijan: Consular Section
302 Albert Street, Waterkloof, Pretoria 0181
Tel: +27 12 346 1018
Tel: +27 12 346 0829